Web 2.0 design=simplicitySeptember 26, 2008 at 10:46 am | Posted in tech | Leave a comment
Tags: web design
Web 2.0 design is always returns to simple, clean design. NOT boring. Not empty. As a designer you use what you need and what benefits your user the most. Leave the rest out. Think in terms of being economical with each pixel as if each one cost you cash.
- two columns – no more than three
- distinct top sections
- simple navigation
- clean logos
- big text used selectively
- bold text that presents your elevator pitch
- bold-not offensive or clashing colors- and simple gradients
- simple and consistent icons – NOT animated
Bottom line: if you have seen a design element overused on a MySpace page then don’t use it in your design.
Credit goes to Ben Hunt